Surprise Surprise: Nominated For Blogger Recognition Award!


Being nominated for an award is the best thing that could happen. Especially when it comes to my blog. I've spent so much time on it, it's feels good to be noticed by a fellow blogger! It's a place I share skincare reviews with you peeps and I've never thought I could ever get to where I am if without your support! 

First thing first, I want to thank Nabeeda Bakali from The World of Nabeeda for the nomination. You've seriously made my day when you left a comment on my blog! Thank you for the award and now I'm going to pass it on to another 15 of you.

I started blogging in 2008 if I remember correctly. It was more of a platform for me to tell the stories of my heart and share my days with friends. As I grew up, I reduced the number of time I blogged and eventually stopped until 2014. It was when I decided to write again and I came up with the name yanrula.

I've never actually talked about how the name 'yanrula' came by. As you may have known from the sidebar, my name is Yan Ru. In Malaysia, it's so typical for us to add 'lah' to almost every sentence we say and conveniently I got my idea from there. Minus the 'h' that does not seem to fit in aesthetically, yanrula was born.

In the beginning, I mostly wrote about my life as a dental student and talked about what we did in university. However, following my decision to quit dental school (read my 8 Reasons Dentistry Is Not For You), I ran out of things to write and soon that led to a short hiatus until I learnt about Korean Beauty and got dragged into the whirlpool. I have since found the passion to talk about beauty and skincare. 

I converted the blog and moved it to a fresh new site to start. So this young yanrula that you're seeing now is actually quite old in essence. It took after the name of a blog started in 2014 and behind it is me, who have been blogging for almost 10 years on various topics and to different audience groups.

So dear newbie bloggers, don't give up and feel discouraged if you're feeling lost with your blog. That's a stage everyone goes through and it took me eight years to really discover my niche. Get on with it, read others' blogs, get inspired and just write. Write for yourself and slowly find what you like. It's easier to maintain something when you have the passion!

Congratulations,

53 Miles Away - Inspiration, travel, research and lifestyle blog

By Niharika - Mummy blog

Fashion Poetry - Fashion blog/magazine

Gruada Creations - Mommy/creative blog

Lady Janet - Customer service review blog

Mummy Wishes - Mummy, travel, DIY, fashion/beauty and food blog

Musician Love - Music blog

My Momtastic Life - Mummy, DIY and recipe blog

My Southern Sweet Tooth - Food blog

Nichearound - Tips on niche blogging

Red to Green Economy - Financial planning

Simplysaidy - Travel and lifestyle blog

The Real Wonderland - Beauty and lifestyle blog

The Virtual Campground - All about RV

Wells Baum - Art, culture and technology blog

I've decided to nominate all 15 of you to pass on this award!

Do take a look at their blogs because they've truly put in a lot of hard work to their blogs. Thanks to this award, I got to learn about their blogs and read the wonderful posts they wrote!

So, dear fellow bloggers whom I nominated, here's what you need to do:
  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. 
  2. Write a post to show your award. 
  3. Give a brief story of how your blog started. 
  4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. 
  5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. 
  6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
Comment here too to let me know about your posts when you're ready! Can't wait to read them. :D

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

10 comments

  1. Huge congrats on being recognized and nominated for this award xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Massive congrats for your nomination beautiful, you totally deserve it! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sophie for saying so! By the way, I adore your great taste in styling! <3

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!:D
    Wish you a lovely day
    Kiss
    xx

    https://thathappymess.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks abundance Patricia! I wish you have a lovely one too! x

      Delete
  4. Congrats!! I started my blog just over a year ago :) x

    S x
    SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelise! You have a beautiful blog there babe! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D